Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Mark of Mother Nature


Wow, words just can't even begin to explain the weekend we have had. Early Saturday morning we went to the drag race. By the time that was over, we saw the devastating images of our town completely demolished by the tornados that swept through North Carolina.


My boyfriend lives in Benson, North Carolina. With him being there, I've slowly been moving my things there in order to be with him. Benson is a small town between Raleigh, Fayetteville, and Sanford. Seeing the absolute destruction everywhere brought tears to my eyes. It's so hard to drive through our town to see everything destroyed. The only thing that's left standing in Benson are two, thirty-thousand gallon gas tanks.


Benson was not the only place destroyed by the tornados. There were twenty-three other counties who are dealing with all the damage. In Sanford, Tractor Supply, Big Lots, and Lowes are in ruins.


The death toll is up to twenty-two, but expected to keep rising. Our governor has declared North Carolina as a state of emergency. Pictures really can't describe what we see as we're driving down the road. It honestly looks more like a war zone, rather than tornado damage.


There's so much to clean up, but when a tragedy like this happens, our town and the other towns and cities in North Carolina are quick to come together and to help each other out. As long as we stay strong, I know for a fact that we can all make it through this.


Although we're okay, we have a lot of friends who have lost everything. Please keep everyone in your thought and prayers who are dealing with the loss of loved ones and all the damage.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry, this must be incredibly hard for you - I honestly can'e even imagine something like this happening to me. I'll keep you and everyone else affected in my prayers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! That's so scary..I'm glad you are okay though!

    ReplyDelete